Monday, June 8, 2009

June 7, 2009 Baptism

This last Sunday we at Valley Baptist Church celebrated our two year anniversary of restarting the Church. The last two years have been some of the hardest and most rewarding years of my life. The greatest reward is watching God move in the lives of people. He is so good and so faithful.

In celebrating our restart we had a baptism at the community pool. Pictures are worth a thousand words...so enjoy!


Yes, I set the standard high for priestly baptismal attire, I actually was bummed because I left my shades in the car....





This is a picture of friends and family gathering to celebrate this special day!


The girls were a little disappointed that they were at the pool but couldn't swim....just didn't seem right to them!




I started my message by reading the account of Jesus' baptism in the Jordan River. Rick had a bottle of Jordan River water that we added to the pool following the reading. That was kind of cool...if you are into that sort of thing!


This is a group shot of all those who were baptized.


Here is Deborah sharing her testimony...I had to hold back my tears as she spoke...


Below is a the sequence of Bob being baptized:




And Fran...we are cracking up because I just asked her husband how long he wanted me to hold her under! :) He loves her and said to make it quick!





Abigail taking the plunge...




Next up, Erica...





And Emily....




Finally Jill and Deborah...


































































No comments: